Monday 4 November 2013

Poem

A Poem By Jean
 
Books can be red, or yellow, or blue,
And take you to places you never knew.
When I’m reading my book, I can fly,
Down by the land or up in the sky.

Books can come in any shape or size,
A small little envelope or a great big surprise!
You can read by yourself or someone to you,
You’ll have great fun, whatever you do.

Past, present, or future, you can decide,
Riding on words is a very special ride.
Read a little, and you will see,
You can be just as happy as me!

Stories about knights in armor,
Or about a very famous snake charmer.
These kinds of stories make me feel saved,
Because these are the kind of books I crave.

Sometimes, though, reading isn’t as happy,
When the characters can be sad or snappy.
These kinds of stories make me cry,
In other words, bring a tear to my eye.
 
When I’m in a book I can be anyone at all,
Pretend I’m in a plane or at a ball.
Reading is as good as life can be,
It gives me the strength to just be me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated and should appear on the site within a day or two. You are encouraged to sign a name to your comment to help us see who is visiting our blog. Thanks!